Cycling on the roads is believed to be dangerous by 68 percent of people from the United Kingdom. Hence, it is a matter of grave concern now, more than ever before. Contemplating this fear and lack of cyclist safety on roads, CYCL team pull out the solution which improves visibility whilst cycling. They give their project a name WingLights360.
Existed technology equipped in cycles had only front and back lights to highlight the presence of a cyclist. But this new technology will give the estimated idea of the bike’s width, which would help drivers to figure out the estimated position. And potentially will reduce the danger during overtaking situations.
Attaching at the handlebar ends, WingLights360 encourage drivers to pass further from cyclists. It provides riders with the all-around visibility and encourages drivers to maintain a safe passing distance.
How does it work?
- Pressing and holding their button activates a WingLights360s permanent light function, with white (front) and red (back) LEDs highlighting the riders’ dimensions.
2. With a single tap, they transform into direction indicators, blinking orange LED lights show the direction the cyclist intending to take a turn.
- Motor vehicle-style ‘position’ lights: The idea to use white (front) and red (back) lights at the end of the handlebars to communicate the bike’s exact dimensions was borrowed from the concept of ‘position lights’ that exist to make motor vehicles more visible.
- Waterproof: Fully sealed to create a resistance to water. The protective waterproof design has passed numerous tests from London’s worst showers. IP67 rated.
- Shockproof: No matter how many times you drop your bike (or throw your WingLights at your colleagues) the CNC aluminum construct will keep them in working order.
- USB Rechargeable: We heard you and WingLights360 will come with a micro USB cable capable of a full charge in under 30 minutes.
- Reliable battery life Complete your daily commute without worrying about being stranded in the dark, each charge will provide 3 hours of visibility in continuous light mode.
- Screw-in locking system In order to keep your WingLights firmly in place no matter the terrain, it has a screw-in locking system to reinforce the magnets attracting the WingLights to the handlebar mounters.
Amazon user: “They are pretty compact and very durable, and they have some weight to them. They are extremely easy to install too.”
- Magnetic attachments Our magnets are pretty strong (& versatile)
- Smart design Slick, black and beautiful. WingLights360 are made from durable, high-quality materials. Transparent plastic lenses provide optimal light diffusion. Installation is simple and the carabiner clip allows for easy removal.
Amazon user said, “They have a rubber tube that goes over a bolt on and as you tighten the nut, the rubber expands in width until you get the right fit for your handlebars”.
Full features & tech specs
- Micro USB recharging – 100% battery in under 30 min
- Permanent white/red ‘position’ lights + flashing orange indicators
- Screw-in locking system and strong magnetic attachment
- Waterproof & shockproof
- Fits all straight handlebars dimensions