Getting blurry pictures while moving and capturing is one of the most annoying experiences. But now you can capture your every moment on-the-go. Since, the Chinese technology company, DJI, recognized for making drones has launched ‘Osmo Pocket’. They assert it is the smallest 3-axis stabilized handheld camera has ever designed to turn any moment into a cinematic memory.
DJI designed Osmo Pocket is the compact and intelligent handheld camera shares your life anywhere, anytime just in seconds.
It houses DJI’s 3-axis mechanical handheld gimbal. It is adjustable according to your need, such as if you wish to shoot a golden sunset or scene like in a movie. Osmo Pocket houses 1/2.3-inch sensor, 80° FOV, and f/2.0 aperture enable you to snaps photos in captivating details.
Likewise, it can shoot ‘4K/60fps video at 100 Mbps and photos at 12 MP with a pixel size of 1.55 μm for footage’ which you can share at ease. It offers an amazing battery life of 140 minutes.
Undoubtedly they have designed it intelligently and so they have equipped it with additional features. Such as ActiveTrack, Motionlapse, and 3×3 Panorama. Simply, it uncovers the creativity with incredible effects unavailable on your smartphone.
This camera featured an FPV mode to recreate the action with respect to your imagination. This mode follows the gimbal’s orientation to film thrilling actions shots seamlessly. Another is the ActiveTrack mode, to keep you in the center of the picture in selfie mode. And enable you to follow smartly a particular subject you have chosen by tapping on it.
Similarly, its 3×3 Panorama mode, designed for breathtaking vistas and landscapes with stunning definition and detail. Motionlapse mode is specifically to turn hours into seconds and adds smooth camera movement for dramatic effect.
Since it is designed with intelligence in mind Osmo Pocket detects day or night automatically. Accordingly, it illuminates low-lit scenes, and capture brighter photos. Besides, you can take tripod-free, 2-3s handheld long exposure shots in Pro mode.
Osmo Pocket, a powerful tool to capture pictures and shoot videos with limitless imagination. It becomes the best gadget for those who have a story to tell. Specifically for people with a story on a mind, DJI developed ‘Mimo’. It is a dedicated app with editing tools, templates, and access to a content sharing community to promote visual storytelling.
About DJI Mimo, said, “Story mode uses a combination of preset shooting patterns and camera motions to help you create professional-quality video whenever you want. Exclusively-designed filters and soundtracks give a unique finish to your footage.”
Eventually, it sets the creative storytellers free to make people watch their story instead of just reading it.
However, DJI Mimo has options to select templates, filters, music and watermark stickers in a single tap. It is merely not suited best to storytellers but for all types of users wish to enhance their content with a professional touch.
Other than these stunning features, Osmo Pocket provides advanced options. Such as its Pro mode empower you to manually adjust camera parameters aperture, ISO, and shutter speed. Similarly, it captures RAW format photos and D-Cinelike videos, retaining extensive details and leave space for post-processing.
DJI has not stopped at features houses in a single tool they empower you to expand your creativity with additional accessories.
- Charging case: It stores and charges Osmo Pocket and has space for two microSD cards, four ND filters, and two smartphone connectors.
- Wireless Module: It provides a Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connection between Osmo Pocket and your smartphone for easy remote control and transmission.
- Controller Wheel: Osmo Pocket devised a dial for precision pan and tilt control, also two operation buttons for improved shooting composition.
- Quick-Release Base: It utilizes a twist-lock design to attach to the Accessory Mount, with an industrial adhesive strip for a firm hold to a helmet, board or other surfaces.
- Extension Rod: This rod features an expandable length, gimbal control stick, operation buttons on the handle, and 1/4 inch tripod mount.
- ND Filters Set: It is utilized to reduce the amount of light entering the sensor, enables to monitor the lighting condition of the camera.
- 3.5mm Adapter: It allows the use of a dedicated external microphone for maximizing sound quality in a variety of situations.
- Smartphone Adapter: The Smartphone Adapter (Lightning, USB-C) enables you to connect your smartphone to the Osmo Pocket.
- Waterproof Case: Enables use of Osmo Pocket at depths of up to 60m for smooth underwater shots, detailed close-ups, and clear low-light detail.
- Cover: Provides full protection for Osmo Pocket, allowing for quick, safe storage on the go.
- Accessory Mount: Provides compatibility with a wide range of sports camera accessories to use Osmo Pocket for sports and action-based scenarios.
Osmo Pocket weighs 116 grams, whereas its dimensions are, 12 centimeters high, 3.69 centimeters wide and 2.86 centimeters deep. The battery can last for up to two hours if shooting a video in 4K at 30fps.